Powered By Blogger

Winter Wonderland

Wow! It just started snowing last night and it hasn't stopped yet!


I didn't realise until I looked out my bathroom window this morning, thinking "I don't think our neighbour painted his yard white?!?!" Walking to uni this morning, we had to make our way through Rickerby Park and approx 15cm of powder snow! It's amazing, really, how nice Carlisle can be under this white blanket. Everything is clean and fresh.



However, they closed uni today at 2pm, because of the blizzard, so that everybody could get home safely. Funny thing is: By the time everyone left, it stopped snowing for a bit! And they didn't tell us journalists about it all, either.


There we were, sitting in the News Room, busy building pages on QuarkXpress (I only had 1 pic to go...) - at 3pm. A security guard came checking, and kicked us out into the cold. Ah well...

It was nice coming back through the park. The air clear, we were able to walk across the field (which we couldn't for ages, because it was all soaking wet!) and everywhere were families, out enjoying the snow and kids playing on sledges.


But I hope the roads will be clear on Wednesday. I just rented a car for the day, to go on a little roadtrip with Lauren towards Keswick and the Lake District. It's a manual, and I haven't driven a manual since I got back from the USA and I haven't really driven on the left-hand side since I left New Zealand in 2007 (Except for 2 hours on the motorway where I didn't have to turn off somewhere).

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com