Powered By Blogger

Pancake Day

OK - it's Pancake Day. For me, that's a new one! We call it "Veilchendienstag" and nothing ever happens (except maybe for curing your Rosenmontag-hangover) in Germany.

My cooking skills are pretty much limited to pasta, rice and well, pancakes! ;)
My New Zealand host family wanted to adopt me for my pancakes, though they are not as good as my grandma's.... Hers are amazing and mine will probably never be able to compete against hers - they're really fluffy and light and they were my childhood favourite meal!

Nontheless, I've asked my grandma to shed some light on her recipe. So here it is, world exclusive! For the first time ever, the secret "Kaufmann-family pancake recipe" in Hanna Kaufmann's original version, for you to try.

(If you DO try it, I'll come over and sample it - my lifelong experience with the original version qualifys me to judge, I think!) ;)

Prepare each pancake separatly in a beaker.

- 100ml water
- 3 big spoons of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt

Shake beaker till dough is completely smooth.

Put oil in a pan and heat on full power (not too much oil - the dough shouldn't "swim" in the oil). When heated, put dough into the pan and keep on highest heat until the dough on top starts to dry. Put a lid on the pan. Turn the pan around, let the pancake slide off the lid and back into the pan the other way up. Reduce heat by half. Put lid on pan and do not lift the lid for approx. 7 minutes. ENJOY!

If everything went according to plan, you should now be about to tuck into a golden-brown, fluffy pancake. If not, you're like me and probably need some tuition from my granny as well ;)

Serving suggestions:
- sugar & lime juice
- Nutella or any other chocolate sauce
- banana, bacon and maple syrup
- apples
- sugar & cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce (as a "Palatschinken")
- and many more....

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com