Powered By Blogger

Love and marriage...

It's amazing, really, how many of my friends are engaged or already married!
Older people think that we're the generation with commitment issues, that we're just after fun and nothing long-term. That we're all happy singletons until we're over 40.

However, that's not true!
A friend of mine who was a fellow New Zealand Exchange student, got married and had a daughter when she was 18. That was 4 years ago.

Friends of mine, who I went to school with in New Zealand, have already been married for almost a year. They met in 2003. Another couple I was good friends with at school (and who got together in 2003 as well) will get married next month. They're all in their early 20s.

One of my best friends gets married next March. Of course I'll be there, though she told me, instead of making me Maid of Honour, I'll be the godmother of her child...

Several others of my friends have gotten engaged as well. Just because we're all still young doesn't mean we can't have serious, long-term relationships! I'm in a long-term relationship myself. Most of our grand-parents were married or at least engaged at our age. My parent's got engaged when they were in their early 20s married 5 years later. Many older people now think that my generation is still too childish to be taken seriously as adults.
I'd say, let's prove them wrong!

1 Kommentare:

Lui said...

I totally agree. I'm 20 and been in a relationship for the past year and, of course, hoping to be in it for the next couple of years.
2 schoolmates of mine are already married and had children.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com