Powered By Blogger

A beer lover's heaven

I finally found something in Southport, that I'd been looking for since I came to the UK in 2007: German beer! There's a shop at the end of Lord Street, called The Inn Beer Shop, that sells nearly every kind of beer you can wish for! Whether it's British Ales, German Pils or Australian Lagers, they've got nearly everything (and if they don't, they know where to get it for you) and you can even sit and drink it on the premises!!

What amazed me most was their collection of Kölsch! There's Früh Kölsch, which is my absolute favourite, Sion Kölsch, Reissdorf Kölsch, Küppers Kölsch, Dom Kölsch.... They were out of Schlösser Alt when I last checked but they told me they'd get some in the next few days. They also have varieties of Pils, including Dortmund Union, Kö-Pi (Königs Pilsener, for those not knowing the German abbreviations), Warsteiner, Radeberger and the list goes on. We even found Simmy's favourite German beer Franziskaner Dunkel! And, just because I haven't had one of them since I left Australia in 2007, I bought a bottle of VB, Victoria Bitter.

So I guess I'll make a point of it, that when I come down to Southport to visit my boyfriend, I will grab a few bottles of Kölsch to take back up to Carlisle with me! Maybe I'll even be nice enough to let my friends try a sip of it as well....

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com