Powered By Blogger

Applications, applications

I have just written 50 applications to various travel-related companies. From tour operators such as Acacia Africa, Gap Year advice staff like Gapforce to the Caribbean Tourism Organisation and travel publications such as Jungle Drums, I've covered everything and will apply for positions as Reporter, as well as Press Officer.

My B.A. (Hons) Travel Journalism degree is coming to an end, and it's time I looked for a job. I want to write, and I want to work in the tourism industry, so I figured I should hand out my applications and CVs at the Destinations Travel Show in London this weekend. This way, I can introduce myself in person, get contact names and numbers and leave the CV for their consideration. I know the applications are speculative, but I am hoping to do work experience with the magazines, and hopefully they'll remember me when a position opens up. Although I am not looking for work experience as a Press Officer at the moment, I did state in my application that I will be available from the end of June onwards.

Next to all of this, I have also printed out some self-designed business cards, as well as some extra CVs. Since the Destinations website does not include addresses or contact details for all exhibitors, I thought it would be wise to take some along, to hand out on the spot.

My other half is accompanying me to London, and it will be a long and rushed day. We will get there just past 10am and have to leave again at 5pm, which gives us just 5 hours. It might seem like a long time, but talking to 50 companies about job offers will take some time.

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed!

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com