Powered By Blogger

Promotion

I will be the editor of the next student magazine produced at the University of Cumbria! Molly has agreed to be joint editor with me, which is good because I have no idea what to do while she has been editor before!

The magazine's working title is "Horizons" and will be about student life, travel, festivals, working abroad, education, politics and big issues. Broadening horizons for everybody I hope. When we set the theme for our magazine, Molly and I both thought about the same Mark Twain quote at the same time. It's my all-time favourite quote, and I adopted it as my motto a long time ago:

"20 years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did! So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

We have very little time to put the magazine together, as we're going offstone on 31st March, which means our copy deadline is 17th March.

I've now had all the jobs there are on the student publication. I've been a writer, a proofreader, a sub-editor, picture editor and webmaster... now I'm in charge, although I'd rather be a writer and sub. Ah well... we'll see how it goes.

I'll do my best, promise!

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com