Powered By Blogger

How much do you care?


How many friends do you have? 5? 10? 100? I know it's great to be the popular guy/girl, always surrounded by people, and always having someone willing to go for a night out with you. But how many of those friends will be there when you actually need them most? Probably only a handful!

Someone I care about deeply has had quite a shitty week, to say the least. Now, I for one can't stand seeing friends getting hurt or for them to try and solve difficult situations by themselves. Which is why I took a day off university and got on the next train. Many will say "Nah, it's alright, I don't need you here, it's all under control." But deep down I know that everyone longs for some company in trying times. Even if you're just there to give your friend a hug, hold their hand, or be a shoulder to cry on. Letting your friends know they're not alone in it. Or take them to the pub, a karaoke bar or a theme park to take their mind off things for a while - whatever is needed!


It all really depends on how much you care. I might only have a limited number of friends, and I can count the people I trust most on one hand, but at least I know that they will be there when I need them. It also goes without saying that I will drop whatever I'm doing to be there for them (if possible - which means, if I'm in the same country). The least I can do is be there and listen on the phone, or chat with them online.

In a true friendship, being there for each other is a given for me! There's just no excuse! Whether it's your other half or a classmate who needs support shouldn't make (too much of) a difference! We all need help sometimes!

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com