Powered By Blogger

Itchy Feet


My German dancing partner Patrick has just sent me an email.

He is in Brisbane, Australia, after three days in Shanghai, and strolling through the city like we did together three years ago. You see, I went to Brisbane on my Gap Year in 2007, and Patrick went there as an exchange student at the same time, so I visited him for 2 weeks.

We both enjoyed Australia, and before I started university, we made the plan to return Down Under together, once we both graduated from uni. Unfortunately however, I couldn't go through with the plan. First of all, Patrick finished uni recently, whereas I still have a few months to go. I also doubt that my other half would have liked it, if I went around the world with another bloke for a few months. But most of all, I couldn't afford the trip anyway.

But now that the emails come in, I remember the fun times on the road. Patrick and I had planned to travel along the Great Ocean Road together - he's heading there next week and I am still in the UK.


Sometimes I miss the travelling. Going further afield than Wales or Germany. I miss the adventure, the unknown. I like going around the UK and exploring Britain, but I guess my feet will always be itching.

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com