Powered By Blogger

Postcard from Liège

This roadtrip I've been on with my boyfriend had me stopping in the Belgian city Liège or Lüttich, as Germans call it, for a little break and look around. When we entered Liège, I got lost and we therefore parked on the "wrong side" of town. The city is divided by the river Maas, which is called Meuse in the Francophone world.

When we stretched our legs along the river in Outremeuse, we came upon this tiny ice cream parlour on the Quai de Tanneurs. Their ice cream is self-made and worth a try! It was the best ice cream either of us has had in a long time.

On the other side of the river is the Coeur Historique (or historic heart of the city, for those who didn't have French at school). Though the buildings there seem to be a bit more upscale and grander than those on the other side of the river, they still looked dirty and kinda run-down.


Right in the city centre is a massive bus terminal, located on a plaza in front of the Palais des Princes-Évêques. We had a drink in one of the beergardens down the street from the palais, but the most I remember of Liège is queuing in the post office for some stamps.

I am told, that Liège can be quite a nice place when the weather is right or when the city's market is on on Sundays. Apparently there are loads of sights worth seeing, and many little alleys to explore. However, what I've seen of the city in the two hours we were there didn't convince me. Maybe I have to go back on a sunny day, but I doubt I will.



0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com