Powered By Blogger

Empty room

It's weird seeing your life packed up in boxes. qall your memories fit into four cardboard walls.

My student life in Carlisle has come to an end, which means that my other half and I can finally live together! Last week, straight after handing my last assessment in, we moved in together, and are now living in the room he has had for the past year as part of a house he shares with two good mates.

Since everyone else has been in the house for a year, I currently have nowhere to put my stuff. Bags, and boxes are everywhere, from the cupboard under the stairs to the garage. But it's getting there.

Today, we hired a transit van and drove back up to Carlisle, to collect the bulk of my belongings. Since I don't have any furniture - the student house came fully furnished - I only had a couple of boxes for my uni folders, books, magazines and clothes, as well as two DVD shelves and a bike. Loading it all into the van only took a few minutes, really, and now I'm told it all lives in the garage in Southport for the time being.
Typically, we did the trip on the hottest day of the year, and the 2 1/2 hour trip up the A6 and lunch in the beergarden left me completely sunburnt.

While my boyfriend drove back down to Southport, I had to stay behind because I will be writing an exam on Tuesday. Which means, that I am currently sitting in an empty room. The only things left here are my duvet, pillows, printer (I still need to print things out for uni), bathroom stuff and kitchen stuff, all of which I will take with me when I graduate. It's the strangest thing, to see your room empty and the walls bare for the first time in three years.
I never moved house during my time at uni, so whether I wanted it to or not, this place has been home for me.

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com