Powered By Blogger

Young father

A 13-year-old boy just became a father, the Sun titled today.

The boy's not in puberty yet and still looks like an 8-year-old. The mum's not much older, she is only 15. And just to add: the age of consent in the United Kingdom is 16.

Don't pupils get Sex Education in their Biology classes over here? I had to sit through it when I was 10 and again when I was about 14... Then again, the age of consent where I come from is 14.

According to the article, it was the boy's first time and he got his girlfriend pregnant because they had unprotected sex. At 15, one would think that she's smart enough to either go on the pill, use condoms - or both. Teen magazines are full of tipps, suggestions and advice - Bravo Magazine's "Dr. Sommer" educated generations of us back in Germany! And our mums sat down with us and gave us the "Flower and the bee" talk. In Year 8, we had an AIDS prophylaxis day, we were told all about HIV and AIDS and given a handful of condoms each - aged 14.

Although they both say that they want to be good parents, I doubt they have any idea of what is yet to come! When asked how he planned to support his family financially (he gets GBP 10), he asked what "financially" meant... Do they even understand that their childhoods are over? That it's changing nappies and warming bottles from now on?

I'm 21, and I think I'm too young to have a child! I love kids, but on the other hand, I wanna enjoy my youth as long as I can. I'm not even out of education yet! I have friends who got children when they were 17/18 and they're doing fine, telling me they wouldn't change a thing and I admire them for it! I really do!

1 Kommentare:

Anonymous said...

Hey missy. Like the look of ya blog, it's funky. As for sex education over here...when I was at school, there was a talk to the girls about periods while the boys went away. Apparently 12 year old boys don't need to concern themselves with what happens to girls. Maybe that's the problem, we were treated as 2 completely seperate bodies and not really told about what would hapen when the two collide. Sex education extended to being shown a video of a woman giving birth...not really how she got to that. I don't know about other schools but thats what mine did...

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com